inspired blueprints

blinkie_general

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Update?

Well, nothing much has happened to update, but I do want to try and be a regular or even semi regular blogger!

The weekend was magic.  The weather was absolutely glorious.  After the markets on Saturday, we came home and made coffee and sat out on the deck to enjoy it and the sunshine!  Love soaking up the rays - especially after the doctor told me a couple of weeks ago that I was deficient in Vitamin D!
I thought coming from the tropics I would still have a store, but apparently it depletes rather rapidly.

Dinner on Saturday night was great - a little toned down as the young fella had fallen off a bed and cracked his head, but it was decided that we had to eat anyway, so dinner went ahead.  As it became increasingly obvious he was going to be just fine, we decided to have a drink or two and a game of cards.  That makes for a great night!

Sunday we all decided we would go to Deloraine and have lunch at the 50s diner there.  I have never been but have been hearing a lot about it, so was keen to go.  It is halfway home for Shaz, so a win win situation!  Got there to find it closed for their winter break!  Never mind - still have the experience to look forward to.

We went to the park so the kids could let off some steam, and ended up buying burgers and milk shakes (I think we all had burgers and shakes in mind for the 50s cafe!) and ate in the park.  It worked - we were all still together and the kids were happy.

I had charged up my camera ready to take, but forgot it!  I think I had it in mind I would use the camera on my new phone!  Tareq bought me a  smart phone for my birthday (a little early) and I LOVE it!

No scrapping has been done - I am trying to use some of the papers from the past couple of kits I have received, but they just aren't working for me.  They are too bright.  I sanded the papers down and they are more muted, but I am still not happy.  I think I will just give it up as a bad joke.  I have been disappointed in these kits.  The first one I loved!  It was Glitz Pretty in Pink so that is when I signed up for the 6 months!  I thought they would all be similar - paper, alphas and bits and pieces  but they haven't been, and three of them have been so bright I have struggled to work with them.  The last one wasn't too bad, but I still haven't even unpacked it to have a good look, but seeing it on the site it seems OK. I have one more to go, so I hope I like next month's kit or it is going to have been a huge waste of money.

I think I am going to be better off buying a whole line from a certain online store!  But then I keep on telling myself I have so much paper etc I could probably scrap for a year and not have to buy anything.

I really need to update my blog layout, but will have to find the time to sit down and do it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment