inspired blueprints

blinkie_general

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Another week gone!

Oh joy - it's Saturday!  Haven't poked my head outside yet to see what the weather is like.  Lets hope it is an improvement on yesterday, when it rained all day!  I know we have been lucky with winter so far, but even so, I have had enough of the rain.  Luckily the cold doesn't bother me, but then I guess I am not in it much, what with being in the house and then work.

We are off to the Burnie Farmer's markets this morning.  It seems that I haven't been there for such a long time.  I am sure it is going to be squelchy after all the rain!  Times like this when I wish I had some gum boots!

Shaz is coming up from Launceston after work today.  It has been way too long since we have seen her.   She knows when to time her visit!  We have a roast pork dinner planned.  We are going over next door -  we will cook the pork in the weber and Vickie is going to do the veges.  (She does the BEST roast vegies!) I am going to do cauliflower au gratin and Paul has made a black forest cheesecake.  The dinner is in celebration of Tareq's birthday.  We were going to have it last Friday, but with everyone sick and Tareq jet lagged, we decided to postpone it until this weekend.  

I have my "relief" at work now - we had a few mishaps yesterday, but nothing too disastrous.  The new phone was installed yesterday afternoon, so now I have to show Natasha how to use that!

 I was dreading the new phone, but it HAS to be installed in 2 weeks, so I agreed to have it yesterday.  I still don't see why the powers that be think taking away something that is so easy to use and replacing it with something that takes more time to use is a good thing!

Next week I might be able to venture away from the front desk and get some other jobs done.  I think that is going to be the best part of having Natasha there.  Not only will I be getting my breaks, but I can do other things that I couldn't do before because I was "tied" to the front desk.

I am the only one out of bed at the moment (just me and the dogs), so I think I might go and have another play with the layout I have on my desk at the moment.

And talking of scrapping - I got the most gorgeous RAK in the mail yesterday,  from Julie at Scrap Therapy.  I won it for doing one of the challenges at Scrap Therapy!  Luckily it was in plastic, as our letter box gets full of water when the rain comes a certain way and you guessed it, it was coming that certain way yesterday!

So hopefully, next post I will have some scrappy creation/s to share.

'Til next time. x


2 comments:

  1. congrats on your rak from Julie!! YAY today is a lovely sun shiny day!!! and yes we have been lucky so far this winter!! Hope work goes okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy. I love the RAK. And wasn't it the most glorious weekend? That's 2 weekends in a row!

    ReplyDelete