inspired blueprints

blinkie_general

Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's a miracle!

Well, make that 2 miracles.  Firstly - 2 blogs in the one day, and secondly I completed a layout in one morning! 
This layout is for the September Sketch Challenge on Scrap Therapy - http://www.scraptherapy.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=369

The photo I have used is an old one.  We had not seen this photo until a few months ago.  One of our nieces had it in her stash.  It was taken on one of their visits to us in Cairns.  Goodness knows where it was taken, but it was a real blast from the past to see the photo.  Hence the title!  It was also a blast from the past using the old Making Memories rub on alphabet!   They were just what I wanted for my page.

My stamping needs improvement, but I kind of got the effect I was looking for.  At the moment I am just keen to partake in the challenges.  I wish I could do more of them, but I never seem to find the time during the week, and so much else needs to get done on the weekends.
 
Thanks for looking.  xx
 

13 comments:

  1. great page,love your stamping makes the page pop...hugs anita..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Love the stamping. Thanks for playing with us at Therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done an awesome job with the sketch. The stamping looks great. Gotta love those older photos......precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch, , have to say i love the stamping too! Thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Cheryl!! Love that stamp!! It looks so great against the dark background. And the tags are fabby under the photo... great title!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Cheryl - love the effect you have created with the circle and stamps - very funky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee-Anne. Will try harder next time to get the stamping straight. But at least you can see the effect I was after. :-)

      Delete
  7. Great page! I love the stamping and the title is pretty cool. I love looking at photos from days gone by and having all those memories flood back! :)

    ReplyDelete