inspired blueprints

blinkie_general

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Black with 2

I recently completed a layout inspired by Black with 2.  The criteria was black with purple and mint green.  I have long wanted to scrap this photo of Liv doing "nymnastics", and as she was wearing a purple top, it was the perfect opportunity.

I don't enter the challenges, just complete the layout.  It also challenges me to use what I have on hand and not go out and buy new stuff, hence not a not of product!


 
I also completed a layout for Karen's Spring Recipe challenge on Scrap Therapy -
and here is the layout I did for this.
 

It was crazy - I saw an ad on TV that had the stripes across it and for some reason I just HAD to do that!  I decided corrugated cardboard was the way to go, but did we have any at home?  No!  So I had to wait until I went to work the next day and hope the cleaners hadn't been through before I got there!  The ad on TV had the logo masked in the stripes and that is what I tried to do with the title.  A bit of a fail there, as I could just as easily put the stickers over the top.  Oh well, live and learn.  The flowers were from our garden and when I saw we had to use yellow - Bingo!  I used a few bits and pieces from a RAK I received a little while ago, as they fit right in with my colour scheme.

And now no more scrapping until my weekend in Cairns/Babinda.  I need to start sorting out photos to take and get them printed.

Getting a tad excited!

Now lets hope I don't lose this blog!  I did one on Sunday and I lost it. 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love both of your layouts. The top one is just sooooo super cute and the colours look fabulous. You've done a super job with Karen's recipe....just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! Nice to know SOMEONE reads my blog!

      Delete